Go Back   Lincoln Cent Resource > Lincoln Hunters > Variety Attributions
Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Notices

Variety Attributions You can post and discuss your recent varieties, ask for help attributing them as well. Photos are always helpful.

Old 03-28-2011   #1
sensehunter

Thanked 4 Times
sensehunter has a spectacular aura aboutsensehunter has a spectacular aura aboutsensehunter has a spectacular aura about
Close call on Wide AM 1994-D

Additional Information
Date: 1994
Variety: Wide AM
Mint: Denver

I awlways check my 93 and 94(and 2001) cents for a one-of-a kind find on the Wide AM....this 1994-D caught my eye, as it shows a "Partial" wide AM, the letters are NOT touching, with a small gap.......since the FG is further away from the corner of the bldg., it appears to be a close AM normal cent, with die issues that give the appearance of a Wide AM...it was fun to be "famous" for 3 seconds...again.........shots show the anomaly coin, and FG, 2nd pic is a 94-D normal strike, and FG
Cal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg am1.jpg (82.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg am2.jpg (77.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg am3.jpg (105.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg am4.jpg (103.8 KB, 32 views)
sensehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011   #2
jfines69

Thanked 445 Times
jfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond repute
To bad... That is a close one... Must be a late die stage strike!!!
Old 03-28-2011   #3
simonm

Thanked 1,626 Times
simonm has a reputation beyond reputesimonm has a reputation beyond reputesimonm has a reputation beyond reputesimonm has a reputation beyond reputesimonm has a reputation beyond reputesimonm has a reputation beyond reputesimonm has a reputation beyond reputesimonm has a reputation beyond reputesimonm has a reputation beyond reputesimonm has a reputation beyond reputesimonm has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't know that there were variety AMs besides the 92 P+D and the 98-00 P+S! I think I need to go through that giant pile of coins again...
simonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011   #4
mwgibbons

Thanked 1 Time
mwgibbons will become famous soon enough
The leg of the M is smaller than normal as is in a lot of cases.
mwgibbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011   #5
jfines69

Thanked 445 Times
jfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond reputejfines69 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonm View Post
Didn't know that there were variety AMs besides the 92 P+D and the 98-00 P+S! I think I need to go through that giant pile of coins again...
Go to the resource side of the LCR... It has a list of the years known to have the WAMs!!!
Old 03-31-2011   #6
lineop3

Thanked 285 Times
lineop3 has a reputation beyond reputelineop3 has a reputation beyond reputelineop3 has a reputation beyond reputelineop3 has a reputation beyond reputelineop3 has a reputation beyond reputelineop3 has a reputation beyond reputelineop3 has a reputation beyond reputelineop3 has a reputation beyond reputelineop3 has a reputation beyond reputelineop3 has a reputation beyond reputelineop3 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with mwgibbons on this one.
I've asked the same question about the ones I found.

Aisha
lineop3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #7
enamel7

Thanked 164 Times
enamel7 has a reputation beyond reputeenamel7 has a reputation beyond reputeenamel7 has a reputation beyond reputeenamel7 has a reputation beyond reputeenamel7 has a reputation beyond reputeenamel7 has a reputation beyond reputeenamel7 has a reputation beyond reputeenamel7 has a reputation beyond reputeenamel7 has a reputation beyond reputeenamel7 has a reputation beyond reputeenamel7 has a reputation beyond repute
The normal "AM" doesn't have to be touching. They can be touching or have the smallest of gaps. I find the wide "AM's" have the same spacing as the rest of the letters in America.
enamel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #8
JeanK

Thanked 180 Times
JeanK has a reputation beyond reputeJeanK has a reputation beyond reputeJeanK has a reputation beyond reputeJeanK has a reputation beyond reputeJeanK has a reputation beyond reputeJeanK has a reputation beyond reputeJeanK has a reputation beyond reputeJeanK has a reputation beyond reputeJeanK has a reputation beyond reputeJeanK has a reputation beyond reputeJeanK has a reputation beyond repute
I have found my fair share of those 'close-but-not-quite' wide-ish AM's. They drive me crazy....
Jean
JeanK is offline   Reply With Quote