Go Back   Lincoln Cent Resource > Lincoln Hunters > Error Attributions
Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Notices

Error Attributions Discussion related to Errors, post your questions, attribution help and photos are always very helpful.

Old 07-16-2013   #1
bigrig52

Thanked 20 Times
bigrig52 has much to be proud ofbigrig52 has much to be proud ofbigrig52 has much to be proud ofbigrig52 has much to be proud ofbigrig52 has much to be proud ofbigrig52 has much to be proud ofbigrig52 has much to be proud ofbigrig52 has much to be proud of
1959-d odd ball 9/9 and d/d

Additional Information
Date: 1959

Need your help again but it looks like a 9 over 9 plus a d/d..I know there is one out there with a seperate D in the 2nd 9 but this is is the 1st 9 of the date..Could be a date over date..It's not machince doubling for sure..Thanks..I may have to send this one in i guess

1959d.jpg

1959d2.jpg

1959d3.jpg
bigrig52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013   #2
mustbebob
Moderator,Lincoln Cent Variety Expert

Thanked 2,419 Times
mustbebob has a reputation beyond reputemustbebob has a reputation beyond reputemustbebob has a reputation beyond reputemustbebob has a reputation beyond reputemustbebob has a reputation beyond reputemustbebob has a reputation beyond reputemustbebob has a reputation beyond reputemustbebob has a reputation beyond reputemustbebob has a reputation beyond reputemustbebob has a reputation beyond reputemustbebob has a reputation beyond repute
Those appear to be die gouges of some sort.
mustbebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013   #3
bigrig52

Thanked 20 Times
bigrig52 has much to be proud ofbigrig52 has much to be proud ofbigrig52 has much to be proud ofbigrig52 has much to be proud ofbigrig52 has much to be proud ofbigrig52 has much to be proud ofbigrig52 has much to be proud ofbigrig52 has much to be proud of
The marks are raised and not going inward..I may send this one in with the other just for you to look at
Old 07-16-2013   #4
willbrooks
Paid Member

Thanked 1,272 Times
willbrooks has a reputation beyond reputewillbrooks has a reputation beyond reputewillbrooks has a reputation beyond reputewillbrooks has a reputation beyond reputewillbrooks has a reputation beyond reputewillbrooks has a reputation beyond reputewillbrooks has a reputation beyond reputewillbrooks has a reputation beyond reputewillbrooks has a reputation beyond reputewillbrooks has a reputation beyond reputewillbrooks has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrig52 View Post
The marks are raised and not going inward..I may send this one in with the other just for you to look at
Right, damage to the die will result in raised anomalies on the coin. That is what you have here.
Old 07-16-2013   #5
bigrig52

Thanked 20 Times
I thank everyone here for their help..I just like to be sure of things since i have only been doing this for about 6 years and enjoying it and still have alot to learn..
Old 07-16-2013   #6
jcuve
Moderator, Die & Variety Expert

Thanked 2,617 Times
jcuve has a reputation beyond reputejcuve has a reputation beyond reputejcuve has a reputation beyond reputejcuve has a reputation beyond reputejcuve has a reputation beyond reputejcuve has a reputation beyond reputejcuve has a reputation beyond reputejcuve has a reputation beyond reputejcuve has a reputation beyond reputejcuve has a reputation beyond reputejcuve has a reputation beyond repute
I agree, it could be die damage, or maybe some die chipping. All raised anomalies. No hub doubling or RPM.

Jason Cuvelier

Coppercoins.com
- MadDieClashes.com - Error-ref.com
TrailDies.com - ErrorVariety.com - Port.Cuvelier.org
CONECA

(images Jason Cuvelier 2008-14)____________________
jcuve is offline   Reply With Quote